- “Two positions on the Athens Downtown Development Authority for a term of two years. One position must be a downtown business owner* and one must be a downtown property owner.
- Two positions on the Division of Family and Children Services Board. One position is for a term of five years* and one position is for a partial term expiring on June 30, 2019.
- One position on the Historic Preservation Commission for a term of three years.
- One position on the Region 2 Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Addictive Diseases Regional Planning Board for a term of three years.
- Five positions on the Vision Committee. Four positions are for a term of three years* and one position is for a partial term expiring on June 30, 2018.
* – Incumbents may reapply. Applicants for any board, authority, or commission positions must be Athens-Clarke County residents and registered to vote in Athens-Clarke County.
Applications can be filled out online at www.athensclarkecounty.com/clerkofcommission or obtained from the Clerk of Commission’s office in Room 204 of City Hall, 301 College Avenue.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, June 17. The Mayor and Commission is tentatively scheduled to interview applicants the afternoon/night of Tuesday, June 28 and tentatively scheduled to make appointments at their Regular Session meeting on Tuesday, July 5.”
For more information, call Jean Spratlin, Clerk of Commission at 706-613-3031 or visit www.athensclarkecounty.com/clerkofcommission.