I want to welcome you to the the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce (AACOC) and invite you to engage with our staff, programs, and members as we focus on our theme for the year—“Leadership in Motion.” We chose this theme not only because this is a time of leadership change with the search for a new President and CEO, but also because building a vibrant Chamber takes community and business leaders who are in constant motion, who continue to be forces for progress in our community, and who are committed to taking action to make our business community stronger.
This time of transition is also an exciting time and unique opportunity to influence the future direction of this historic organization. This year, we will be—
- Reimagining what the Chamber needs to be for this community and this region at this moment;
- Looking closely at how the Chamber provides value to its membership;
- Developing a shared vision for the future of the Chamber that our community is excited to invest in;
- Exploring new partnerships and collaborations with other organizations; and
- Taking the time needed to carefully identify the next leader for our Chamber.
Through all this, it is my goal that we will move forward together in a positive, planned, and thoughtful way. I emphasize “we” because there are many stakeholders in this community who are important to this conversation—including you!
As the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce considers new ideas and new leadership, I ask all of you for your support and for your input to successfully navigate this year of change and plan for the future.
On behalf of the 2018 Board of Directors, I am excited and honored to work alongside all of our “leaders in motion” who will help create a new future for the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce.
Shannon O. Wilder
Athens Area Chamber of Commerce